PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 20:21
ArthurScargill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XT866

I'd stress for the mods that this post is not about pilots, it about the sad disunity in BA, the lack of co-worker support for a majority union vote
Its not just the pilots who are not backing CC though. Its ALL the workforce (thats CC outnumbered 3:1 ish - probably more when you take into account the no voters, the ineligble and the abstainers).
There is absolutely no backing for the strike i'm afraid. We've all took our hits in variosu forms - for example i haven't had a pay-rise (increment - call it what you like) for 2 years now. I had 2 months of 4 day weeks over the summer. I was happy cos i still had a job - many of my friends in other companies took far worse hits. So i'm sorry to be blunt, but don't expect co-worker backing when you're being asked to work a little harder.

[EDIT - just to add we've also improved our productivity and a team of 10 are now doing what 12 were doing this time last year. Yes, its hard work but IMO i get paid a decent salary and probably had it too easy for too long - ringing any bells ??? at the end of the day, i have a choice, if i don't like it i can try and fid another job - something i might be forced into thanks to the selfish act of this out-of-touch union].