PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM 737 @t EHAM & Aeroflot 737 @ ENGM taxiway take-off
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 11:59
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think there there's any "hush-hush" operation. As the OVV are investigating, it is probably best not to second guess the outcome of the final report and any public statement would be pointless. Either way, I'll guarantee that they'll take any action they have to in order to prevent a reoccurrence, as you would expect. So the time I'd expect a comment is when the final report is released.

But really, how naive are some of you lot? Or are there trolls posting in this thread? The nationality of the crew and/or airline has bugger all to do with this incident. The relevant bits are what happened immediately prior to the start of the roll the crew's interaction with each other and third parties. The lessons to be learnt from this incident will fortunately be available for all of to learn from, I suppose with the exceptions of the xenophobes who are posting here.

PM

And if you want people to start a list of who shouldn't be in civil airliners, I'd start with a few 'old school' RAF fast jet pilots. Obviously the majority are good guys but amongst them were some of my company's most unpleasant people to fly with. Fortunately, our 'liabilities' left us a few years ago and I was glad to see the back of them. And I'll tell you, I'd prefer to fly with any RNALF F16 driver than one of these plonkers.

(Too old to be a Free Marketeer)