PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions Join Forces Against V Australia
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 04:42
maggotdriver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Prior to that year, I have read that the AFAP were the most powerful union in Australia's history. This needs to be read in the context that there were mistakes made, but what can be learned? United and legal but even more importantly not fighting a government owned entity we have considerable power. Ask the management of QF how much the engineers cost them. How much are the management of Lufthansa about to piss away in four days? 98 million $AUS. AIPA is the biggest aviation union at the moment, the best resourced and QANTAS have an EBA coming up with significant flying being outsourced. When time and time again management have made hollow promises - surely, just a meeting (well advertised to stop any problems with business and the government) and stamped by FWA as legal, must be on the cards. Just one, to begin with and let's see what happens then. I know the history so I don't need a lecture. The way the future is headed we're in the same place at any rate. I just prefer once that instead of being hoodwinked again for the 27000th time, we held their stare and didn't blink. We did everything legally and had it stamped as such by the government, not in arrogant defiance of it.
Good on you AIPA and VIPA we may have a chance.

Last edited by maggotdriver; 22nd Feb 2010 at 05:00.