PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 21st Feb 2010, 22:26
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diplome

If you find individuals posting terse or frustrated commentary perhaps its due to the reality of the history of negotiations, or lack thereof, in this process by BASSA. There are ways and means of explaining frustrations. Physical violence either real or implied is not acceptable. The transcript does not make good reading for anyone associated with Unite, that cannot be argued

Personally, I expect a vote for a strike tomorrow...and I believe it will prove to be a mistake on BASSA's part. Not only are they pushing an issue that the Court has found reasonable (and BASSA has agreed to in other areas), but they have approached it in a way that has lost the support of not only the public, but of other unions. Did the court find the measures reasonable, or just not contractual?

If BASSA is not finished through this process, what happens the next time they cry "Wolf". They have lost significant credibilty regarding their ability to be reasonable and to represent their clients' best interests. BASSA can't be finished; you may see a change in the top table, but the collective agreement will still be there.

What I don't understand in this is Unite's failure to rein in BASSA. My spouse, as the head of his entity, deals with Unite on a regular basis. They NEVER behave in this manner, They are truly a partner in positive development for both the company's mission and advocates regarding their employees well-being.

What in the world are they doing regarding BA? BASSA truly seems to be the tail wagging the dog. Unite is a service provider. BASSA reps and members appear to be a solid unit, so what can Unite do? However, the ballot may change that, but I do not think it will