PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 21st Feb 2010, 19:55
Flap62

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Midman,

I think you are absolutely right. I think a great number of the cc community are in the "send a message to the vile willie walsh" camp, while having little or no intention of striking.

I think this is one of the more contemptuous forms of cowardice

In the current situation there are several options, the more obvious of which are below:

1. You agree with your union, vote for a strike and withdraw your labour.

2. You disagree with your union, vote against a strike but abide by the collective will and withdraw your labour.

3. You disagree with the union, vote against and then resign from the union and work as normal.

4. You despise your employers and other workmates so much that you find another job.

To think that you can try to hold the company to ransom while doing irreparable damage by threats of IA, all the while intending to work is dispicable. To think that many of them would dare to morally judge volunteers whist secretly intending to break their own strike is beyond belief. If the vote is of the order of 80% then I will no longer have much sympathy with them.

What ye have sowed, so ye shall reap.