PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cl-44-o and swingtail merged
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2010, 17:48
Varipitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL44 happenings!

Thanks to all for the Posts. As the 2010 CL44 Re-Union inches closer (22 May in London) I can respond to certain points !
Firstly-I am pleased to say that TWO former Transvalair guys will be gracing us with their presence-Markus Seiler and F/Eng Malcolm Granville.
Secondly, the situation with the Guppy at BOH is that it HAS been sold! However, to date, no movement around the aircraft has been recorded by our local 'Agent'.
The Association has lodged its interest in acquiring certain parts of the a/c should this become possible at any stage. In the meantime, the latest Newsletter, mailed to our 150 members, contains first hand stories of crew members. These include THE 26 TONNE RATATOUILLE and THE DEMISE OF CYPRUS AIRWAYS CL44 5B-DAN. Do send me an email if you wish to become a member-we have former Flying Tigers, Seaboard, Slick, TMAC, Transglobe, Tradewinds, United African Airlines, Affretair (Air Gabon Cargo) Aeron, Wrangler Blue Bell, etc etc. Alas, we have few copies of the video and all of the copies of the CL44 Story book, have been sold.
If you have withdrawal symptoms for the 44, you can always pay us a visit to the ex RAF Britannia (XM496) at Kemble