PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 21st Feb 2010, 08:40
flibbertyjibbet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finncapt,
I must confess I'm thinking more of the opus of Carnage's posts, rather than a particular one.
At every point, he's called the outcome correctly, and become a figure of hate for the CM glitterati.
The problem is, the old rulebook has been thrown out, and we are in completely uncharted territory. BASSA are still in the 70's, whilst the world has changed, and advanced.
It doesn't matter what happened 2,5,10 years ago. BASSA members at some point have got to realise that, and that the ramifications of strike action will be severe and to them (and them only!) unexpected.

My own take:

Crew will be sacked
Staff travel will be removed
New contracts will be issued

There will not be a new fleet, because it won't be required. I'm sorry, but our crew have got to realise that BASSA have been bluffing all along, whilst brainwashing members that they hold a strong hand.

On a side note, as a BA pilot, I have NEVER been treated so well by groundstaff. Whilst aircraft CRM is being destroyed by BASSA, the rest of the airline have never had better relations in my eyes. Odd that everyone else is starting to "Unite".