PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 21st Feb 2010, 02:28
smala01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIA74

I have no argument against your customer service observations. I too wish they would address this side of their business.

The reality is that FR is still a growing business. Whilst some passengers will not fly with FR again after bad service there are still NEW passengers to take their place.

FR bad service is legendary yet passenger numbers still grow!

I must however take issue with your comment directed at safety:

"So, what other corners might they cut and pennies might they pinch that passengers cannot see?"

This hypothesis has been used for many bad media investigations in the past. All die quickly and without substantive evidence.

O The average age of a Ryanair aircraft about 3 years - there is little to go wrong with an aircraft that new. To save costs Ryanair could have bought cheaper 2nd hand aircraft.

O The Aircraft are subjected to strict checks mandated by the regulator AND more importantly for me ramp checks by the CAA in UK.

O There has not been a single reported maintenance related safety issue with Ryanair that i can remember in the last 10 years.

O The safety issues that HAVE been reported are down to pilot error and pilot judgment. Unless you argue that Ryanair have crap pilots then you must put this down to Human Factors which must surely effect other airlines.

O As Oleary says "if you seriously break a SOP you get fired". I'm fine by that... the jockeys can pilot me with the safety margins a well designed SOP allows for. Even scrooge himself understands a crash will bankrupt his business.

O Even the consensus on this very forum is that while FR cut costs everywhere, they do not make cuts that will effect the safety of aircraft.

And to be honest - i couldn`t give a toss about FR crew. they entered the industry and took the job knowing the conditions. They have the option to work elsewhere if they so desire.

I too also hate to pay for water (my Northern blood) - so i take a large empty bottle with me and fill it up from a tap airside. (as i also do at work)

I too have to pay for my own sandwiches at work. (If crew are a bit "short of cash" that month perhaps they could prepare their own the night before?)

My point being is that paying for your own lunch is quite standard in regular forms of employment.

Smala01

P.s. If any FR crew is reading this, its not an attack on you - After 100ish sectors I actually think you are very professional and do a good job.

Last edited by smala01; 21st Feb 2010 at 02:47.