PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM 737 @t EHAM & Aeroflot 737 @ ENGM taxiway take-off
Old 20th Feb 2010, 22:32
Pander216

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, some (especially old-school) KLM pilots are arogant, but so are some Lufthansa or BA crews when I kindly greet them in the hotel or at their home airport. And I don't see you guys waving as much to spotters as we do

At lot has changed within KLM since freemarketeers joined (especially within KLC after 2005). Furthermore the introduction of the manufacturers ''Basic Operating Philosophy'' has positively contributed to the arrogance of ''having the best SOP's in the world'' attitude.
So please stop bashing ALL the Dutch KLM pilots with your denigrating comments based merely on nationality and colour of tie. Your comments say more about you than about me and a lot of great colleagues of mine...

Regarding AMS;

Schiphol has the most easy infrastructure there is in Europe.

-A taxiway is the inner taxiway and has to be followed clockwise.
-B taxiway is the outer taxiway and has to be followed counter-clockwise.
-Al runway intersections are named respective to their compass direction. i.e runway 27 intersections are named N because it is the northerly runway. 24 is the southerly runway, thus the intersections are called S7, S6 etc. Evenmore the SIDS are also named to their respective runway; ARNEM1S from 24, ARNEM1E from 27.
-Crossing of 36C at W5 only happens when 36C is not in use. If 36C is in use for take off, or 18C for landing, traffic to or from 36L will taxi via Z.
-The use of 36L is merely a political issue and of all operators using AMS, KLM suffers the most from this runway.

If you don't know how to taxi at AMS (see above basic rules) you better should read those Aerodrome Information pages anyway in stead of b*thcing about them. That is called airmanship just as much as situational awareness is.

Last but not least; AMS ATC may sound arrogant to foreign pilots, but they are short, direct and clear without ambiguous clearances or calls. They are flexible with short approaches, offering a break off to 24 from 27, taxi routings etc. And they have the best sense humour of al the ATC stations I know.

So now please lets go back on topic...

Last edited by Pander216; 20th Feb 2010 at 22:40. Reason: Spelling errors after a long days work at FL410...