PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC ATP scheme & SSTR?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2010, 17:13
kwb911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kwb911

Read the CTC wings thread on this forum. Read the past 3 pages on this section and the professional pilot section. Then you will know where im coming from.
Hi Shaun,

I have read the thread in the past and also skimmed over it as and when new posts have arrived.

I know a little about CTC and the selection process as I have been through it in the past (the selection not the training) and I am also aware of the state of the industry and what has been happening to CTC cadets in recent times. I have a friend that has been through the scheme several years ago and is doing very well and I also speak to a few cadets in the hold pool at the moment that are not so lucky.

I agree cadets might start looking for other work due to the large hold pool and delays and also the new deal introduced with the easyJet type rating, however, at the moment it is not common for CTC cadets to start back on SEP, then single pilot IFR, TP etc. I didn't notice any reference to this in the CTC cadet thread as you mentioned.

As already posted due to the state of the industry maybe cadets will decide to look at this route, however try to keep the info on the thread correct as there is a lot of rubbish posted on here which does not help.

If you ask a genuine question cadets will reply with an honest answer (maybe PM as some don't want to rock the boat when they are in the hold pool) and admit things have not turned out as planned.

Hope this helps

Last edited by kwb911; 20th Feb 2010 at 17:24.