PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military/civilian Airprox Incident
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2002, 23:16
Captain Stable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All these are valid concerns. Unfortunately, and I can say with some authority, the military do not see them as such.

I have worked (very) closely with some of the people involved with the above incidents, and I have to say I do not see any prospect of improvement in the situation for the foreseeable future. If anything, rather the opposite.

MOST of our colleagues in the FJ fraternity are thoroughly professional and competent and adult. Sad to say this is not true of all of them. It is time that this fact was recognised and addressed by those with the authority to do something about it instead of saying to themselves "boys will be boys - it's good for them to get it out of their systems - no real problems here - etc."

If you get anyone from the FJ fraternity on one side away from any possibility of being quoted, thet will confirm that all is not as it might be.

It is well past time that the RAF, the CAA, the AAIB and the UKAB stopped trying to fool themselves and everyone else that everything in the garden is rosy.