PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 19th Feb 2010, 17:53
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Beagle9.

I calmly ask you to consider how your wages are to be protected by the introduction of new crew as currently proposed.

New crew working along side old crew, as is the case with pre and post 97 contracts now, I can see being beneficial to BA and protection to current crew.

But the proposal is for a new fleet and it is transparent that as new fleet grows so old fleet will shrink. Your current earnings are only protected whilst you operate routes with higher allowances, overtime and box payments. If you were a BA manager who would you use to crew such trips?

The monthly travel payment. After a discussion with my manager I was shocked to note that this payment would be calculated over a rolling period. So if, in the last 12 months you have not operated many long range trips then your payment will reduce, and with the prominence of a new fleet that is highly likely. I hadn't dismissed the payment, I was quite keen on the idea, hence I sought my managers advice. I find it offers very little protection.