PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 19th Feb 2010, 12:07
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767 - I'm not sure you can take such a broad brush approach to it, since many of these cases will hinge on small wording, which - if the union is sufficiently intelligent to negotiate - will be able to incorporate so as to protect themselves.

I don't believe for one minute that this impacts every worker in the UK at all, nor do I believe that any of the membership wish to see their subs used to support general, UK-worker-wide aspirational legal missions rather than the case in hand relating to the contract with BA relating to scheduling agreements.

That is the result of the judgement and away from Unite spin, its broader impact is rather limited in my opinion. Everything has the potential to impact everything else, but quantification of that risk - away from spin and hyperbole - is not a particular strength of the union in question.

Were you aware, or do you even want to be funding an organisation that has some militant UK-wide mission, or one that is closely guarding your future and your contract??

triple x - inappropriate username and immature comments. As junior crew who joined only in August 2005 from bmi, you should be well aware that much of the argument is being led by senior crew who are on a very different payscale from you and are taking far more of the pay budget that you will ever hope to see. With a partner at bmibaby per your earlier posts, you will be only too aware of what the true market rate of crew in the UK is...

We are here to have adult debates, not to score points off each other.

Last edited by Re-Heat; 19th Feb 2010 at 12:18.