PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 19th Feb 2010, 11:14
TheTiresome1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unite assistant general secretary Len McCluskey, said: "The regrettable judgement makes absolutely no difference to the substance of our dispute with British Airways. We remain in negotiations with the company and hope that management will address the real concerns of cabin crew. Should they fail to do so industrial action remains a possibility."
1. I assume the 'regrettable' judgement refers to the waste of £1.2m, rather than a dig at the Judge. Possibly.

2. '... makes no difference to the substance of our dispute ...' What substance was that? Imposition of crewing levels, which has been declared legal? Or have I missed something else?

3. '... hope that management will address the real concerns of cabin crew ...' Which concerns are those? The real or imagined threat that BA might run the company, instead of BASSA?

I derive little joy from today's decision, since it seems clear that BASSA/Unite are still determined to impose their will on BA. I draw little relief from the use of 'possibly'. There will almost certainly be a YES vote, and both the company and the customers will suffer.