PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Late To Train?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2010, 10:20
cliff.met

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Late To Train?

Well here we go I am throwing myself open for all types of comments and issues here but its following my dream that I find important and all your wise and wonderful opinons -good- or bad will be appreciated!
The issue- I have just turned 40 years old in December and I have now resigned from my very secure job in the Superyacht Industry to follow my desire to spend the rest of my career days in the sky flying commercially.

I have researched extensively the various routes and issues facing this challenge to get myself to the point of being able to sit in an interview for a job in the cckpit! I have a very realistic outlook on what lies ahead.
What I really am lacking in my reseach is proof or comment from fellow mature aviators who have taken the plunge this late in their flying career.
I would really appreciate any info or comment from you all regarding this issue.
I currently need to revalidate my PPL with approx 160 hrs to date. I have a night rating. I am researching the most time efficient and financially acceptable route...come on guys help an old boy out here with your thoughts!!!
Do you think I am completely insane?
Is it your opinion that its simply too late in the day?

Best regards to all.