PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salary
Thread: Salary
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2010, 05:50
jetjockeyusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crap if you fly for the airlines.

Good if you fly executive for the elite (I do not mean Netjets and any of that crap, I mean, flying for one of the richest people on the planet)

Executive also gives you the chance to interact with people that at times got over 10 000 people working for them. It can also open you many other doors, believe me. You are treated well, on lay overs you are in 5 star hotels and usually for a weekend get about 1000$ to spend (not deducted from salary obviously). Depending where, but you can find places you fly 20-30 hours a month, this gives you actually enough time to pursue a hobby and have a family without stress. You earn double of what airline guys make. I flew for the airlines, then did a break doing scenic flights (had enough with airlines) while parallel working on getting into the executive aviation for a very, very rich person.

In Executive aviation if you land the right job you only fly the newest and the best which makes flying so much more fun. Not to mention you hang out in executive FBOs and do not get yelled at and assaulted during christmas by unruly passengers with the "I am with the airport freak out attitude". People actually call you home when there is a flight cancellation. Reserves does not exist and unlike with companies like NetJets you can actually communicate with your chief pilot and ask if it is ok if you go somewhere for a longer weekend and if someone can vouch for you in case there is a flight.

Things like that. The day I lose my job is the day I quit aviation which will not be anytime soon tho, as I said, you build up a special relationship with your boss, a billionaire. Even if he decides to sell his airplanes, people like that only got other billionaires as friends and basically hand you over to those other guys.

Executive aviation is the way to go, replying to your answer, copilot flying a large jet, falcon2000, gs450 etc makes about in USD maybe 10 000 -15 000$ a month and a captain makes pretty much the double.