PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 17th Feb 2010, 21:25
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley H

I don't think anyone is accusing any BA manager or representative of lying and it would be insanity to suggest otherwise.

I believe that the mistrust that is being discussed comes from 'a moving of the goal posts' on numerous occasions. In many cases, rather than a deliberate action, this comes about through a change of leadership and a new broom approach. Unfortunately, in IFCE, there is an atmosphere of constant change and the wheel keeps being re-invented. In 2009 I changed manager 4 times and those managers have changed their job title with startling regularity! The current Head of IFCE is the sixth of my career. And without changing job, the department I work for has changed name at least as often.

Consequently, just as an agreement is made and a rapport established, the progress is halted by a new face and the cycle starts all over again. Small wonder that IR is in such a mess. A period of consolidation would be good for all parties and trust could be re-built. I must say myself, that I have no instances of having been lied to in my career either.

All views my own and not reflective of my employer's views.