PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL BY Correspondence?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2002, 07:41
pullpowa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I concur with my colleagues..

3 the easy peasy ones at home no problem.

Performance and Loading is relatively easy to attain by self study. For this one I would recommend Gavin Secombe. He sends a great volume with tutorials that must be completed and sent back to him and about four weeks prior to the exam an exam pack...so by the time you are hitting the real thing you understand it fully He also is excellent at providing the moral support you need and understand the pressure and syllabus very well. I lived via the 1800 help line!!.
I also agree AFT is great value. Aerodynamics &Systems as explained with the Simulator displaying all the sytems as you learn them is essential. I found Nathan Higgins classroom methods excellent! I had a couple of goes with Flight Planning via correspondence with no success. I then attended the AFT classroom for another look to see if I was misssing anything but wasnt really. The key to it is preparation and plenty of discplined practice...All the hard work was worth it in the end.

Hope this helps and good luck
And if that dont work take a short cut go overseas and do them all inside a week.....But dont be suprised if sooncompanies dont accept an Aussie with a US ATP!