PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA IR in private turboprop airplane
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2010, 21:15
winguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
probably i made you think i was going to register it in USA, and then do IR rating

The picture is:

1 - Aircraft will be bought in USA with a N reg.
I dont see any problem with this.

EU citizens, that are not USA citizens, buy aircraft in USA and have them in Europe, and has CofA, insurance and everything.

2 - After being bought, pilot needs training on it, and FAA IR Rating. By this time will have FAA PPL standalone, in c172 for example. (flight test, and writen , medical needed, based on validation)

Then wants to combine both diference training with a FAA IR rating.
Already has IR experience, should make it in minimuns

And has JAA ATPL theory, and other foreign CPL/IR theory. Wich both are superior to FAA IR theory.

3 - Is finding as school with instructor that has meridian experience, that can foreign students, TSA aproval.

Insurance, will have to be in instructor name, foreign owner (non - pilot) and foreign pilot dont qualify.

After having time in the plane in the meridian, diferences training, and a IR rating, still wont meet US insurance requierements to fly in USA, due to low PIC time.

By this time is leaving USA dont need no more insurance for USA

Being capable of flying IFR, will fly it to foreign country, keep flying it there with N reg until it changes to national foreign.
Foreign insurance will insure aircraft, in national soil.

So the only time it will be without insurance, is if the foreign insurance wont cover the ferry flight, depending on the owner it will have a meridian ferry pilot to meet ferry flight FAA insurance requirements

Correct me and some advice

EDIT: thats the idea, in the ferry flights in USA try go get most of diferences and IR training, (before picking up the airplane will have sim sessions, to review the aproaches, has part of ir syllabus), and , then just the remaining IR syllabus requirements in the flight school airport.

Owner might want to do some USA tourism flying, it can count towards the rating also, although im not shure if he wants to fly to canada or caribbean with will count has ir rating training