PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 16th Feb 2010, 16:20
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Engine

``That is the most hilarious thing I have read in ages - Every crew member I have observed during times of disruption will utter the words "I've got to call my Union" and then sit down with the Mail crossword awaiting further instructions. I would say that BA is unique in the UK in that it's crew are the least capable of showing initiative (that you claimed). As a BA skipper I have often had to submit to the intransigent directives of a 'BASSA advised SCCM'.

Winner of the bullsh*t award for February Wascrew!``

You obviously tar everyone with the same brush and i suspect your view of cabin crew as a whole was not that rosy prior to the current issues. Sad that a person in your position should resort to this generalisation and bad language. Which makes me think that possibly you do not hold the position you claim to hold.
On one of my last flights we had a delay situation and as you know more often than not flight crew will go out of hours before the cabin crew. On this occasion the captain said that she was not going to go into discretion because of the companys` stance on `Open Skies` Plenty of consulting sheme etc then! So do I therefore shout and claim that all pilots will only work to scheme/industrial as a result of this.
In the past there were barrack room lawyers who knew every rule who may have intervened in discussions between the SCCM and pilots but in recent years not the case from my experience.
We (CAPT/CSD) always worked together understanding the restrictions on both be they scheme or industrial.
You are attempting to personalise something here through a rash statement. Please on this issue stick to the facts which was something I was trying to do on my post about the ORP.

Weather map
``Frankly i am fed up working with SOME crew who winge non stop about delays,working at xmas,easter,and want weekends off .The bottom line is they work for an airline.I agree we are all entitled to a life outside BA,however quite a few crew forget what exactly it was they signed up for .``

I don`t disagree that some crew forget what the job might entail and have said as much in previous posts however those whingers apart surely you agree that new ORP looks a bit one sided?