PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - video clip addresses pilot wages vs. pilot debt.
Old 16th Feb 2010, 13:40
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But the true costs are hidden. One of these are the effects of debts carried by the hopeful new entrants. Flying still attracts too many people (like me) who like knobs and buttons and pretty views out of the window. Their career decisions are based on emotions rather than than logical processes and as such, have little future planning incorporated. The other costs are personal costs whereby their ties to friends and family are broken as they are forced to work further and further away from home. Eventually the chickens will come home to roost and that is when the true costs will be realised. Aircraft will operated dangerously and the lives of those who fly and those on the ground will be threatened as a result. It is pretty obvious who the guilty parties are. Come the smoking hole, this site will be goldmine to compensation lawyer.

My children will not be taking up flying for a living and I don't know of a single colleague who will be encouraging their children either. This suggests we have a very broken industry.

PM