PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 16th Feb 2010, 11:52
Right Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wascrew wrote
Disruption and working unsociable hours IS part of the package and believe me sometimes dirsuption is the better part of the package in some ways. It is then that the skill, knowledge,experience and the ability to think on your feet comes to the fore and this may sound perverse but it is also enjoyable in a way aside from the more mundane days. It does of course mean that any appointments or plans you have may have to be re-arranged or go out of the window
IMHO this ability to think on ones feet is what separates BA crews from the `metronomic` behaviour of some airline crews.
That is the most hilarious thing I have read in ages - Every crew member I have observed during times of disruption will utter the words "I've got to call my Union" and then sit down with the Mail crossword awaiting further instructions. I would say that BA is unique in the UK in that it's crew are the least capable of showing initiative (that you claimed). As a BA skipper I have often had to submit to the intransigent directives of a 'BASSA advised SCCM'.

Winner of the bullsh*t award for February Wascrew!