PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 15th Feb 2010, 21:01
gg190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Request

A friend of mine recently booked to travel with Ryanair from Liverpool to Reus, originally the flight was scheduled to leave early afternoon and she booked with Flybe to travel from the Isle of Man to Liverpool arriving in Liverpool at 8am, this would give her a 3.5 hour wait in Liverpool for the Ryanair flight.

However Ryanair have changed the flight time to 7am, so my friend will now have to pay to transfer her Flybe flight and stay overnight in Liverpool, as you can imagine she is less than impressed and complained to Ryanair, this is the response she got:

Following your recent correspondence to us regarding confirmation number XXXXX.

Whilst we sympathise with this unfortunate situation, we regret that it is not the responsibility or liability of Ryanair.

Ryanair as a point to point airline, do not permit the booking of onward flight connections via our reservation system and do not sell through fares. We, also clearly state the following in our Terms and Conditions:

"Ryanair do not offer, and cannot facilitate, the transfer of passengers or their baggage to other flights, whether operated by Ryanair or other carriers. Passengers should therefore not book onward flights with Ryanair or indeed any other air or surface carrier."

It is each individual passenger’s responsibility to ensure that they arrive at the airport of departure in sufficient time to continue their onward journey, even in cases where it is another Ryanair flight. Given the above, we regret that we are not in a position to offer compensation.
I know Ryanair are famed for their customer service (or lack there of), but I admit I have no idea on what they are legally obliged to do when they change the time of an already booked flight. I would imagine nothing, but any opinions on this would be appreciated!

Cheers