PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 15th Feb 2010, 20:11
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
other issues

Looking at what BA have proposed to safe guard current crew with regards to pay and the `new fleet` it doesnt seem too bad though long term the future prospects for routes and/or promotion opportunities are much less attractive.
There are `other things` on the BA shopping list which may have escaped many. One, I have recently discovered is the change to the Disruption Agreement to the Operational Recovery Procedure which includes such wording as .......
"BA may invoke the 'Operational Recovery Procedure' at any time when BA considers that planned schedules or other operations have been disrupted for any reason. Once invoked, and notwithstanding any other contractural provisions otherwise applicable to unions or Cabin Crew, British Airways may take such steps and require Cabin Crew to take such steps and perform such duties, as it considers appropriate to resolve the disruption"
and
"Cabin crew may be required to vary their scheduled roster and to undertake such additonal or different duties as may be required to continue to provide our services"

Vague wording and one area which would cause me serious concern.
I have heard no mention that BA would be willing to vary this part of their `wish list` as part of their proposals.
So in effect your roster could be wiped completely at almost any time and you could find yourself working anywhere doing anything. Baggage Handling for example.
It seems BASSA have rejected this out of hand and on this I dont blame them one bit. I do blame them for not moving/negotiating seemingly in other areas.
Not sniping but what are the PCCC`s views on the proposed/wanted ORP versus what appeared to be initially `slight` changes to the Disruption Agreement.