PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened after my Pilapt assessment.
Old 15th Feb 2010, 12:58
Crescentpirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read all this, jaw dropping and hitting the ground - I really can't believe that I'm reading/seeing this demonstration of utter arrogance and gullibility over and over... again! If that's who's flying people to Malaga these days...

I know I'm going to sound like my Granny (RIP) now, but:
1. Since when is it ok to spend someone else's money to satisfy your ego?
2. How difficult is it to read the newpaper and get some sort of picture of what's going on in the world outside your own head?
3. What is wrong with waiting/saving for what you want (if you really must fly...)? If it's worth doing, it's worth doing it slowly and gently..

Just talked to someone who was deliberating on whether to buy a few hundred hours on a turboprop or a shiny jet, so do excuse my outburst...
Who said anything about satisfying my ego? Okay I am not expecting to land a job straight away. The thing is that license gives me that tiny opportunity, that slight rare possibility of that telephone call or that letter through the door. Is it not worth that?

I appreciate the quote, good things come to those who wait. I am young yes but I want to start early. I don't know how long my health will hold up, hell I don't even know if I will be alive in a few years because ANYTHING could happen.

I expect your response to be somewhat negative, clearly you are out of touch with my point and maybe share a different passion to aviation than I. You may even question my passion for aviation at all. The fact of the matter is though, must I care what you people think? I simply came here for advice and guidance in which I may or may not follow. I did not come for a lecture.

Thank you.