PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hope for the new guys - The first shoots
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2010, 12:56
Orvil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I agree with most comments with regard to BALPA. The way they undertake their duties is to put it mildly, shocking. It always use to amaze me when I use to recieve the log, how many finance adverts, articles etc were in it. The best one ever was the one about buying your retirement yacht and how not to pay tax on it. Superb!!

May be they could extend it for the newbies with regard to Bankruptcy, family tax credits, signing-on for your first time, etc..

Unfortunately, the rot as set in. Out of 5 of my colleagues that I trained with 3 paid for line-training and TR. Myself and another had to pay for a TR. The 3 that paid for the line-training, 2 are sons of multi-millionaires and the other is a foreign national who's government paid for it !

BALPA is finished in my eyes, a pretencious organisation not fit for purpose, who's fees are ridiculous. They make estate agents look honest.

The IPA is not a union and they even say so. It's a welfare association and thats it.

TGWU is the only UNION now. Look how they treat their members, Tube drivers £50,000 a year. Now they have balls. They may seem militant but better to be militant than ineffective.

Best regards