PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hope for the new guys - The first shoots
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2010, 11:40
4star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a little 'off the cuff' in terms of a reply as I am dashing out but I agree re BALPA.

Lets stop making excuses for BALPA. (they need more members etc etc) The current members don't necessarily expect them to change things but BALPA don't even seem to fully acknowledge the demise in terms and conditions that have occurred/are occurring. If they did then we would hear more from them and there would be less need constantly raise the subject on forums like this.

BALPA should be taking the lead. They should be leading us and they don't. They don't even respond to the anger/frustration of the members.

I have come to the conclusion that we need BA guys to become involved more. I say this because for a long time they and others have probably held the view that what the loco's get up to is a matter for them. If you are daft enough to accept the terms and conditions then more fool you, etc etc. But they must see that the way some loco's operate gives them a competitive advantage which will over time effect them. The loco's get stronger and expand, tighten their grip and you will weaken or at the very least have to so alter your T & C to compete. For now its the FO's/short haul thats most effected. Soon it will be LH and Capt's.

They, I believe/hope can influence BALPA to take the issue and its members frustration seriously.