PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I Want A Pay Rise
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2010, 22:14
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cxorcist

You have no idea of my views on this or any other matter, but seem to be profiling me rather quickly to fit your agenda. Some people call that stereotyping and pre-judging.

"With regard to discrimination, I do not think the other groups you mention apply because they are not racially (or country of origin) determined. I despise the use of the "race card", but this seems pretty black and white to me."

Regrettably, your argument fails because for at least a decade CX has taken non-chinese Cadets. In fact there are a large number of non-cantonese speaking cadets. A basic requirement to join the cadet program was that you had a permanent HKID. However, the important distinction that you seem to be missing/ignoring is that by having a permanent HKID you are not compelled to become a cadet.

Obviously, events have overtaken the situation and it would seem all DESO's, irrespective of race, age religion and shoe size will now be CEPs. How does that fit into your "racially determined... black and white (sic)" argument?

For someone who claims to despise the racecard you seem pretty quick to use it!! Perhaps you too need to step out side and have a word with yourself and come back and use the edit button.