PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 14th Feb 2010, 21:09
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion they have lost the moral high ground by posting the name on here - without proof that the person in question actually registered the domain, then deleted the posting, then denied they posted it!

Does nothing for their credibility does it?
ExBACrew,

The PCCC did not "post the name on here" as you continually state, so our credibility is entirely intact.

You have alleged that Tiramisu, posting as an individual not on behalf of the PCCC, posted the domain name ownership at 1749 and then subsequently removed it at 1803.

For the record I would like to state that the Professional Cabin Crew Council are simply BA cabin crew who enjoy the job that we do and want to continue doing it for as long as possible. As an ex crew member yourself I am sure you can relate to that.

We do not support a strike, we feel that the changes made by BA have been more than reasonable. They have not asked us for a paycut and they have simply asked us to work a bit harder. In the past, we have tried to voice our concerns to our then union, Unite, but were not allowed. Some of us have been shot down in flames and banned from Crewforum. Some have had hate mail in their maildrops.

The only way we have been able to find a voice is to establish the Professional Cabin Crew Council. We are the first to admit that we are novices at this. We expected backlash, we did not anticipate the absolutely abhorrent dirty tricks that BASSA would stoop to. Spoof emails, fake websites, hate emails to us, the list goes on. We have suffered extensive attacks. And why? Because we have dared to say that we do not support a strike. If, in the cross-fire an individual has inadvertently posted something then so be it. However, the fact that it was removed a matter of minutes later, surely speaks for itself.

I personally have learnt an awful lot in the past few weeks. I have learnt at first hand how difficult it is for us to promote our cause against a Union who is hell-bent on sabotaging it. They have offered not one counter argument to anything we have said, yet we come under fire by these completely unacceptable behaviours.

The thing that I have learnt most, however, is exactly how difficult it must be for BA to do business with a Union that uses such underhand and devious methods to promote it's cause. It is time to draw a line under all of this so that BA can take a new direction. It is time that we focused on the job in hand: saving BA and looking forward to a brighter future in our company. The Professional Cabin Crew Council are proposing a viable alternative as a collaborative group so that we can do that. Is that such a bad thing?

I am BA cabin crew and the above represents my own viewpoint and not that of BA.