PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 14th Feb 2010, 18:50
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you were operating a flight which was crewed by PCC members and there was only one BASSA member and that member felt threatened/intimidated by the PCC, would you have a chat with the crew member and help/support them in their beliefs?
Litebulbs

As you are not cabin crew I would like to clarify quite clearly that on duty the majority of crew, be they PCCC, BASSA, Amicus or non-Union, are completely professional, refrain from discussing strike matters, and get along with each other in a very amicable way. Every day we fly with people from all walks of life, and we are highly skilled in being able to overlook any "differences" and focus on the job in hand. It's our job to do so.

Your question is therefore entirely hypothetical, does not add to the debate, and is in fact quite insulting to PCCC members who by their very nature are professional people and would never jeopardise their onboard duties in such a manner.

As to your question about the PCCC, I am sure that you can appreciate that if, when, why, or how the PCCC approach BA for voluntary recognition is a matter of confidentiality at the moment, and not something to be discussed on a public forum. Any information you require about us can be found at www.professionalcrewcouncil.com.

I am BA cabin crew and the above represents my own view and not that of BA.