PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 14th Feb 2010, 15:10
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Bassa forgot this - replying to PCCC's letter:

We liked this. A letter telling us not be anonymous from....an anonymous BASSA employee.

]Dear ? (I can’t address you by name because I don’t know who you are),
I retrieved your email from the junk mail folder, but nevertheless thought it was only polite and professional to respond.
Firstly can I begin by asking why exactly you feel it necessary to lurk in the shadows? Why do we have to wait until some unspecified time in the future, when you will reveal yourselves with a theatrical flourish, rather than know who you are today? Surely you want your point of view to be heard and you want people to join you. How many people do you think would wish to join a group when they have no idea who is leading it? You could be Mr Walsh’s mother in law. You could be one of the BASSA reps. You could be anyone at all.

If you are the reasonable bunch of cabin crew you say you are then why not stand up and be counted? You may be a group of popular, charismatic people who could change the views of thousands of crew and have a real influence on the ballot and the outcome. If you are, why are you afraid to be identified?
I presume you are afraid that if you reveal yourself you will be ‘bullied and harassed’, since you will almost inevitably be in the minority. But surely if you are cabin crew, you must be aware that BA vigorously investigates all accusations of bullying and harassment and employs hard hitting sanctions to deal with the perpetrators. So I ask you again, what are you afraid of?

I would also ask you, how you intend to recruit new members? I do not work for BA but if I did and I wanted to join you, or even just look into your point of view in more depth, with a view to joining, how would I do that? Would I be picked up from a secret location with a bag over my head and taken to your secret headquarters? Would I then be interrogated just to see if I was genuinely interested or just trying to find out who you are, so that I could pass on you identity the cabin crew at large?

It sounds really childish doesn’t it, but unfortunately if you want your voice to be heard, then you have to be prepared to defend your views. Only by speaking out bravely can you expect anyone to listen to you.

The BASSA and AMICUS reps don’t hide in the shadows. They are prepared to stand up in public and say what they believe in and inevitably I think you will find that people will have more respect for them and their views than they ever could for an unknown group of people, who insist on remaining faceless and nameless.
Maybe you have forgotten, but we live in a democracy and we have freedom of speech for all. Short of inciting racial hatred or the persecution of minorities, I would defend, to the last, the rights of anyone to say whatever they want.
You have as much right as anyone else to put forward your point of view and if it is a good and valid one, then you may very well get others to agree with you.

In short, isn’t it time you actually grew up a bit and stood up for your rights and possibly valid points of view. If anyone so much as looks at you strangely, you can report it to BA and they will support you with all the sanctions at their disposal.
Your sincerely
An employee of BASSA

PCCC been fully established for a few weeks now. Still no sign of BASSA using any logic to counter our position. But we at the PCCC are eternal optimists!

I just copied and pasted this directly from our email. What's with all the "Font" business?

Font-business because of way you copied it. I have removed it for you. flapsforty, moderator

www.professionalcrewcouncil.com