PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 13th Feb 2010, 15:19
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose I was using Mr Walsh as a representative of the BA management team, in the same way that many posters on this site quote BASSA as a living entity and as I argued that people should not do that, then I have to apologise for doing the same thing myself.

I would call to question one thing that has happened in the last week. How did the internal investigation of 15 employees make it to the media? The way I read the reports, the Unite FTO's were reacting to what had happened, rather than bringing it to to public awareness. That would indicate some form of a leak. No doubt, others will read this differently.

With regard to a ballot, I have read the judgement and can find no reference to anything that was seen as illegal. An incorrect ballot was carried out and an injuction was granted to stop the action taking place.

The BASSA chair is still in place and as far as I am aware, no action have been taken against that position. BA would be fully within their rights to seek sanctions against an employee, if that employee had done anything wrong. You only have the protection of the law, if a company seeks to persecute a union representative, for carrying out the duties of the role.