PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 12th Feb 2010, 18:09
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBC Even Handedness.

Richard, a BA CSD, has just told the BBC that the PCC is founded & run by BA pilots supported by BA. He feels totally intimidated by all of the aggression that he has suffered as a Bassa member.

I feel very sorry for him!

He's also just told the nation that the volunteer pilots are receiving a £500.00 bonus for breaking the strike. He proved that this was correct because a captain's wife told him so only yesterday.

If what I have read on here with respect to PCC and Volunteers is true and can be verified, then the BBC will almost certainly offer the opportunity to refute those allegations.

From this thread (and MkV) I understand that PCC (Previously PCCC) was started by Cabin Crew - members of this forum - who did so out of perfectly understandable concerns for their own jobs. So far as it is possible to tell, those members have done little more than make BA aware they exist, but have done nothing else, but gather members. I have seen statements that say the PCC have specifically not attempted to negotiate with BA and I have seen nothing that suggests those who have 'signed up' to PCC have paid any membership yet. I have seen no statements from BA even acknowledging that PCC exist or their opinions of it. Very odd behavior from a 'sponsoring authority' is it not?

Although I have seen posts from quite a large number of forum members I understand to be pilots, saying they have volunteered and some, indeed, that they have received training, I have seen no mention whatever that they had received money bonuses to do so. I imagine that is a very easy issue to determine and refute?

Thus, almost the whole issue can be encapsulated by the statements of that CSD. I didn't hear the broadcast and thus I don't know how this chap came across. Genuine or not, if he was convinced enough to say what he did and those statements can be demonstrated to be the rubbish I understand them to be, then a broadcast rebuttal would have a massive effect on the perceptions of BASSA members.

Roger.