PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM 737 @t EHAM & Aeroflot 737 @ ENGM taxiway take-off
Old 12th Feb 2010, 13:00
Long Haul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have taxied south on Bravo then done a 180 and taken off on 36C a million times, and then for once are assigned taxiway Alpha instead... With darkness, snow on the ground and a displaced threshold... I'm not saying it wasn't a major screw up, it obviously was, but I think that I'll try to hold in the schadenfreude a bit until I retire and haven't done something stupid myself!

It's by the way disheartening to read the above opinions about KLM pilots. Although I'm not Dutch myself, I enjoy working there immensely and have a lot of respect for the vast majority of my colleagues. A lot of people think that the Dutch are inherently arrogant, and a lot of people think that pilots are inherently arrogant, so it sort of makes sense, but realize that a lot of what you hear when they are speaking English is their accent. Their direct manner of speaking and clipped vowels makes it sound harsh, but often the message they are trying bring across is not.