PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2010, 12:27
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HH6702
No one is arguing about this route ! merely considering the factors that may or not lead to it's success As I have made comment previously then I will only add that students & business pax are at complete opposite ends of the fare spectrum. This student market is likely to focused on various seasonal dates, noting also the substantial holiday periods. As with other university cities Durham being a prime example then the city to an extent closes down outside term time. N.b. there is also the issue as to limitation to the amount of baggage that students would necessarily wish to carry !
It would be a brave person to rely on any annual business model that relies on the substantial support of students.
Furthermore then in noting your comment :-
LOOK at T3 and some of there loads on the J41 you don't have to fill it full to make a profit.
then I would simply respond :-
" LOOK at T3 and their fare structure and it is obvious why! "
Not with standing any of this then I wish this service as I would any new route development from the area good luck, it is simply that in this instance I personally can't see that £250+ fares to OXF will appeal to many other than business users.