PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easy kicked me out !!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2010, 20:22
ford cortina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe you could sue the likes of Eaglejet.
Now lets see, you live in the Uk, Eagle jet are in Florida and your training airline is in Morocco (b737 @RAM).
Where do you start?
Do you have any idea how much it costs to get this to court?
Where is your argument? you willingly signed a agreement stating you would get to fly as a FO for a set amount of money.
Have you ever thought about the reality of suing a US company in the US, the cost of mealy instructing a Attorney must be astronomical?
So you get to court, in the US, then what, you had a choice not to do this, therefore you have no right to sue.
If you paid for a service and received it then why would you sue?
I don't think for one second a foreign national would get anywhere.
So sue in Morocco....Good luck you will need it.
I work there, not on P2fly, but for a competitor of RAM's.
Whether or not this thing is illegal, immoral or just plain wrong is debatable, but to even suggest somebody should try to sue is a stupid one. Where are they going to get the money? The airlines could keep it out of court for years and years, until the poor soul is bankrupt.

If you win how do you enforce payment from Eaglejet, he could just go underground for a while. RAM could pay you in Morocco Dirhams, not much use outside of Morocco, not transferable its a closed currency.

If you really are intent on stopping these sorts of schemes then I suggest you start lobbying ICAO, they ultimately are the govening body.