PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:46
sussex2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booked in plenty of time a ticket on EZY from BCN to LGW is cheaper, much cheaper, than staff travel. You can complete the journey on to LHR for around a tenner, if you book in advance. The airline has an excellent on time reputation and operates a fleet years younger than some of the BA aircraft eg the ex DAN 737s. There may be those so ingrained in BA that they do not realise that other carriers provide excellent service, have newer aircraft, and cost less than staff travel, if you book in advance. Or, even if you leave it late, won't break the bank.
Staff travel tickets ain't that much of a bargain, in fact very little bargain at all if you book in advance. You would be daft to buy staff travel if you can plan in advance, and rosters come out far enough ahead for you to do that.
My point remains, by stopping staff travel for those that go on strike (I understand and know completely that is stops during a strike) BA is actively encourageing employees to use the competition.
One would have to ask why? Especially why in a company that has actively sought out commuting staff for a high proportion of its crew.
What I am pleased about is that when I came online this thread was NOT at No1.