PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened after my Pilapt assessment.
Old 11th Feb 2010, 09:53
Crescentpirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay guys...

I've read a quite a few of the posts, not all but I will as soon as I finish this one.

I do take your points into account. I understand there is a job shortage but I was told that there was going to be a pilot shortage fairly soon. That was told by PTC so maybe it may not be completely accurate, I will have to look into it.

About the house, I can't even get a loan off of it nevermind repaying the loan back. Speaking of repayments, If i cannot pay it back I can live with that. They cannot take my license off of me. It will take me 6 months to be debt free....how? I have my ways.

I do however have a question I wish to put out here. What is the general price difference between modular and integrated? Modular is the most popular I am aware of and I am assuming that as it is a 'pay as you go' the pilots will reieve their license debt free so probably earn more money quicker than integrated graduate pilots whom are paying a debt off?

Also...What is the general timescale a modular course can be completed? Is it roughly 3 years? It may be worth going modular, getting my license debt free. The thing I don't understand is though, surely the price difference means that what you get in Integrated is better hm? they have contacts with airlines in which can hep you get employed where as If I go alone It may be even harder. I did hear its more about who you know rather than what you know.

Thanks guys. I will read the followings comments I missed now and respond accordingly.