PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch -2
Thread: Monarch -2
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2010, 22:30
Chidken Sangwich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

321-200

I agree with one thing in your post '787's wouldn't be great in this climate'.
The 787 is the perfect 'longhaul' aircraft as cost benefits are achieved over long distances due to fuel savings, I'm sure this is how Boeing originally marketed the aircraft.

With regard to facts I suggest you re-read my posts as I make reference to lease costs being $1m a month verses that of an A320/738 meaning that they will be about $650k a month more! 787's when launched were being offered at $1-$1.2m a month to lease so my figures are generous!

With regard to a 'few' MOD charters here and there it may have escaped you that the RAF A330 fleet is due on line in the next 3 years. The initial papers (MOD source) state that of the 12 aircraft to be delivered, 9 will be in permanent use and cover 98% (yes 98%) of the UK's troop AND air refuelling requirements leaving the other 3 aircraft to pick up the remaining 2%, so forget any of that business in the civil arena!

With regard to the Air Med lease, can you really see ANY airline leasing in a brand new shiny 787 at 4 times the rate that you can lease a 767 for? I think not!