PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2010, 19:56
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madrock, I second that.

Originally Posted by CEOFSKY
the MGB cracking is sorted.

Max, just because you arent "in the know" doesnt mean things arent being/havent been done.

Perhaps you should ask the operators what has been done with their cracked MGBs?

Leggit hit the nail on the head. Armchair engineering fueled by speculation with only a slice of information is pointless.
CEOFSKY, I do ask the operator, but that information is generally only shared with the regular offshore community. For us onshore-based "armchair" engineers speculation and the media releases are sometimes unfortunately all we have to rely on at times. One of the main reasons I started reading the posts on this forum almost a year ago.

Stepping back it seems to me that fixing the issue and publicly announcing such would go a long way to regaining confidence in this a/c. When can we expect that to happen?

Variable Load, you're entitled to your opinion just as much as I am. If you don't like mine, tough, I'm one of the reasons this industry can move forward in spite of the setbacks that we unfortunately experience from time to time i.e. we need a helo service to do our job offshore effectively and efficiently.

Safe Flying

Max