PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened after my Pilapt assessment.
Old 10th Feb 2010, 00:27
fly_antonov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PTCboy/GA15, It' s ok with me if you want to class it as a Ryanair thread, it' s not of importance for the content of the discussion. Ryanair does matter because it' s one of the only option this guy would have after PTC and it' s an horrible option.

Of importance is that he knows what he' s headed for.
Taking advice from an optimist who gambled 80K to get into Ryanair may just not be his best options right now.

There' s always going to be some for whom it worked out, but for every one who succeeds, there will be 10 who failed. Ryanair, 500 hours per year, bad command prospects and a huge debt is not exactly what I would call a succes story anyways.

If you' re happy about your situation, good for you. No need to brag about that everywhere you go.
Worst is when you give poor people false hope and push them into making the wrong decisions. That is criminal.

I will be praying for you and your passengers.

GA15, You' re talking to the wrong guy, I' m sharing your point of view regarding this guy.
I don' t see your point of asking me the questions I asked the other guy, do prove your point.
You have a problem with talking about Ryanair' s terms? Then tell me what' s good about them.

A Ryanair bubble burst?
Simple really, to add to what Irishjetdriver posted about the Boeing orders running out in 2013; all it takes is for 2 consecutive Ryanair crashes with fatalities to happen within a short period of time. No matter the cause, if that happens, Ryanair and its cadets would be yellow sitting ducks, together with all the hopefuls queuing up for their type-rating scheme.

Ryanair' s safety record is excellent, yet that doesn' t make them immune to circumstances nor statistics.
Marketing "cheapness" is a strong weapon until something happens and backfires.

Last edited by fly_antonov; 10th Feb 2010 at 01:17.