PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim-partner wanted 737
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2010, 15:28
minimumunstick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catan is correct in saying that the fact that pilots pay for their own type ratings makes the companies not have to pay for their pilots' training. And that sucks for us pilots.

But I have to agree with Crossunder. You cannot blame individuals for this. It is the way it has become, and it takes more than individual action to change it. I don't expect someone who has already paid many thousand dollars for his education to just sit there and do nothing in this type of market. If you know paying for your training will land you a job, I don't blame anyone for doing so. It is unfair and it sucks, but that's just how it is.

You can't blame the companies either. In this type of economy and abundance of pilots, of course you will pick the person who is already qualified (referring to having a type rating) instead of someone you will have to spend a ton of money to train. Sad but true, but that is how it works. It's all about making money.

We all know these are sad times for the aviation industry, and a sad time for us pilots. There are no jobs, and for a lot of people the salary is completely ridiculous - one of the reasons for this being the huge amount of jobless pilots. But you can't blame individuals. It is only if everyone joined together agreed that "I will not work until you pay me at least XXXX" or "I will not work unless you pay for my type rating" or whatever. But its not that easy....