PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 8th Feb 2010, 17:54
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meanwhile, the people who bid to work 3 day trips (for whatever reason), with STR and long days will often work over 10 hour days. When they compare their variable pay to the monthly travel payment will find they are out of pocket, as the reality is that this group rightly earn considerably more than the other.
If it is taken from the 2008/9 achieved allowances, which were from a good year, how can they "be out of pocket?".

Additionally you highlight that it includes long day payments and STRs. Initially, when first introduced, it did not include the STR payment. Had Unite jumped up and grabbed it at the time, EF would have been quids in. If we had skilled negotiators , surely it would be down to them to negotiate which payments are included and which are not?

I'm afraid I just don't follow your argument. You have stated yourself that there are many on EF that bid for 8 hr 2 sector days. Therefore are you saying that because there are a few people who do long days to generate the long day payment, the Monthly Travel Payment is rejected out of hand? Surely a vote to the members to find out what the MAJORITY want would be a fairer way of doing it? Also, you do not say what the Unite position is on rejecting the Monthly Travel Payment. Do they have one, or is it simply a case of not caring what the majority want?

Additionally there are some 10,000 WW members. Has Unite taken their views into consideration at all?

I am BA cabin crew and the above represents my own view and not that of BA.