PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 8th Feb 2010, 11:24
32megapixels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icarus53,

With respect to you I must agree that Qantas Link provides a good lifestyle, but please don't lose touch!

You said,

I think some of us pilots seem to lose perspective. I do a relatively high number of hours in the company, and I am lucky to pull around 110 hours duty in 28 days.
This is not many hours, like I said, wait until you do have 155 duty hours on that 28 day roster.

And yes, there were some pilots who exceeded 900 hours on the CB-SY route during its early intervention when Sunstate crew were operating it and where forced to stop operating!

Not to turn this into a slinging match, I must agree that at the moment it is fantastic, but it could turn around where there is no reserve days and on your days off you are exhausted, catching up on all your duties around the home and still being called up to come into work on your days off. History tends to repeat itself!

What I am trying to tell you is that don't believe that 110 hours will stay the same and that this lifestyle will! All the best!