PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private, N-Reg, CJ2+ with multi-crew in Europe.
Old 8th Feb 2010, 10:42
ConcreteFloater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see why an AOC would be mandatory to log multicrew. Multicrew certified aircrafts can be operated out of an AOC and there are no logging issues. A multicrew operation manual is definitely required, but that has nothing to do with the flight category (private/commercial).
I don't think anyone is suggesting it is. It is just that if it were such questions can easily be answered based on the details of the AOC itself. However, this will be an aircraft certified for single-pilot operations (and privately).

'Pressure Error' seems to have the right point that it should be possible, it's just a case of making sure that all the factors are in-place.

From what I can see at the moment it will also be dependant on the Captain's rating. IE: If the Captain has the CE-525 rating than, although the A/C is 'capable' of being operated as a SPA, the crew can not and therefore two pilots working in a multi-crew environment are required. If the Captain has the CE-525S rating, things then seem to be more complicated. Basically, so what if I am sitting there! Though, 'HS125'...
CE-525S = Yes, you can fly it single crew but the occupant of the right seat must hold either a CE-525S, CE-525 Type or Have NO Pilot Certificate or Licence (Including a Student pilot Certificate)
...why should it matter that the occupant of the RH seat must have the rating or nothing? If it is being operated as single crew surely the RH seat occupant is purely a passenger regardless of his/her licensing or lack of it!

Once again, thank you all. I'll let you know if I can get to the bottom of this!

Another facinating FCL debate hits PPRuNe!!!

CF