PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Fatigue
Thread: Pilot Fatigue
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2010, 05:40
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZB

Fair enough, maybe the main thrust of your post wasn't about fatigue but only now have you come out and acknowledged its significance to the industry. Perhaps some of the examples quoted did make you laugh but there are many instances in the industry, not just at CX, where Flight Time Limitations are seen as targets rather than limits by those who construct rosters. Consecutive long days with minimum rest WILL have a long term effect on fatigue with the consequent impact on performance.

On the "You Scruffy Bu**ers" thread you said:

As a regular SLF with CX, can I just say that I (and anyone I have spoken too) dont give two hoots how you look. Jeans and tee shirts would be fine. Professionalism is NOT defined by how dapper you look.
I agree but you'd better hope that the guys who're flying you aren't at the wrong end of a whole series of average rosters that have affected their fatigue level. I also agree with you when you say professionalism isn't defined by how dapper you look. However, one of the defining measures of professionalism is the ability to enter a debate on such an important topic in a positive manner without feeling the need to be derogatory to other contributors. If you have an opinion on fatigue issues facing you in your company then let's hear them and see how we, as a group of professional people, can present a cogent argument to the industry to mitigate any potential issues before they arise.

STP

PS. I haven't been called a dill since high school - thanks.