PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Question Bank?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 21:14
tigermagicjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am amazed by anti Bristol fans here.
Having looked briefly at jaaqb and flyingexams - for me they look very poor.

Yes questions are not grouped into category by itself, but make a quick search example on separation in Air Law, and you will get most related questions.

Regarding the interface, Bristol is very good, never had any major problems. Now I am one who do not just want to learn the questions, because in some subjects that will make it impossible to pass, example Gen Nav.

What Bristol have, which the others do NOT have, is many and proper explanation on many questions, specially Gen Nav, Rad Nav, Instruments, AGK, POF - until recent post I have never heard of Flyingexams, now suddenly in short time 2 different posts, seems like someone might be "spammin" PPRUNE to get some free advertisement.

Yes from first glance JAAQB and Flyingexams are cheaper, but they also look cheaper, feel cheaper and give you less help to understand the question.
Also there are many new questions now coming, in Bristol V3, and I can promise on current exams at least 25% of the exams in UK at least will have V3 questions in new exams - my own personal experience from february exams.

Yes it is many the same questions in the QB's, but I want to know more than the question and answer, I want to know WHY!

The other QB's does not tell you why, that's why they are less worth then Bristol QB - you get stuck with a Gen Nav question, and you might find out why you dont understand the question. Just getting the answer WRONG - is not satisfactory!