PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private, N-Reg, CJ2+ with multi-crew in Europe.
Old 7th Feb 2010, 12:53
ConcreteFloater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The OP asked if the hours could be recognised in Europe so the assumption was that they wanted the hours to count towards a JAR licence.
This is definitely the case. I am just over 1000h TT and hoping to get a step into the private/corporate jet industry. I live in the UK and ultimately would like to build my JAA CPL licence as much as possible. For the purpose of this job offer I would get my FAA CPL too... no big deal, and the type rating.

My real concern being in a situation where, yes, as far as my hands-on experience is concerned I am gaining good experience as an FO on a light jet. However, due to the finer details of FCL I will end up with no formal/legal record of such flying. I know that the Captain-FO MCC operation is concerned it will be conducted strictly as if under an AOC, so I know the experience will be very valuable... Would be a hard career decision should I not be able to log P2 in such an operation.

To have JAR and FAA CPLs - Great
To have the type-rating - Great
Not to be able to log hours - Real problem I think!

Anyway, we'll see!

Thanks again.

CF