PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim-partner wanted 737
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 10:11
Catans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Init-ref,

You should be ashamed.

You and everyone else who buys their own type-ratings are enablers who lets the companies get away with not paying for training. 2010 or not, if a company won't pay for their pilot's training they have flawed business model. properly training pilots is a cost of doing business and you can't afford giving your staff the education required to do their job you don't have a vialble business model.

When you bought your own type-rating you screwed yourself and somone else out of a decent job in the future. Because of people like you the practice of requiring individuals to pay for training will never diasappear. Just because I don't want to buy my own type-rating many companies will not hire me, i.e. they don't want my knowledge and experience I can bring to a company, they only want he/she who is willing to whore themselves out and go into debt to buy a job.

In fact what you are doing is diminishing your value as a pilot and at the same time doing the same to the rest of the pilot force in the world. Paying now may look like a good thing, but look into the future and see where you end up if your company goes under and you haven't paid off your dept and you have to get another type-rating to "get" (buy) another job. Now you are in the hole for two types. What you and people like you are doing is horrible!

Rant over!

Catans