Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2010, 10:03
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK

crewmeal

It is an "upgrade" in the product on offer to business class passengers
and a short-term downgrade in the number of daily seats on sale from bhx until the HD 77W starts in September on EK37/8.

EK39/40 was a 442 seat aircraft although over the last year I believe
various aircraft have been used but mainly the 442 and 427 config.

I am not sure if there is more space in economy with 386 seats than
there what was on offer on the 42/400 config. I would imagine the extra space is given over to business to get the lie-flats in.

GayFriendly

With EK pax fast approaching 40000 per month I am amazed that EY or QR are not looking at the situation carefully. EY have nailed their colours to
the mast recently with the intention to increase Dublin and upgrade MAN
to the 777 and there are rumours that QR are looking to upgrade their Manchester service to a 777 as well.

QR's two rumoured new European destinations have been announced as Barcelona and Copenhagen but they are for Spring and with several new 777's due this year more routes are on the cards. Although I believe they have justannounced a Brazillian destination although that will be a 77L.

I suppose it is a lot cheaper to increase an existing airport than "risking" a new destination not too far away with all the associated marketing costs.

The one advantage QR would have is probably 100 transits pax per day (say 4 x a week) to Amritsar without even having to do much.

I believe Doha - Amritsar goes daily soon and if Mahan Air is now averaging 160 per flight via Tehran, I would think QR could poach some of these although I would imagine there would be a difference between the fares charged.

However where would you prefer to fly Doha - BHX or Tehran - Honily?

Pete